Egg Poultry Farm Job in Canada
A poultry farm employee assists in daily operations on the farm. This can include checking birds, collecting eggs and feeding. Additionally, they also perform routine maintenance on the house and watering/heating system as needed. They also utilize proper biosecurity standards when entering and exiting houses.
Poultry farming is the form of animal husbandry which raises domestic animals such as birds, chicken, ducks, turkey and geese to produce food, meat, eggs or dairy product.
Poultry producers work in conjunction with poultry veterinarians to ensure the health of their flocks. Livestock feed sales representatives and animal nutritionists may also advise poultry producers on how to create nutritionally balanced rations for their facilities.
A poultry farmer may be required to work long hours that can include nights, weekends, and holidays. Work may be carried out in varying weather conditions and extreme temperatures.
Location: Cleveland, GA, Canada | Wage: $13/ hour | Working Hour: Full Time or Part Time
We are a leading supplier of poultry products into an impressive range of customers in Canada retail and food service sectors. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 6000 people.
Basic duties or responsibilities of Poultry Farm Workers
- Ensure birds have access to food and water properly
- Walk through the house to identify sick or injured birds
- Maintain high standard of animal welfare
- Control house lighting to meet bird needs
- Conduct maintenance on the house and watering/ heating system as needed
- Assist with putting eggs in layer farm and in cartons
- Working in poultry houses, i.e. walking the sheds, laying shavings, handling chickens etc.
- Collecting, screening and packing eggs onto trays, including completion of paperwork.
- Looking after bird welfare including feeding.
- General farm duties such as ground maintenance including use of equipment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Physical: Must use safe lifting techniques. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and may be required to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds at times. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear; and drive a vehicle to and from the job sites. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Tools and Equipment: Vaccination Needles
- Environment: Required to work on wet, slippery surfaces and in hot, dry, dusty, wet and cold environments.
- Personal Protective Equipment Required: Safety glasses, Safety goggles, face shield, chemical gloves, waterproof apron, and rubber boots are required when handling chemicals. Ear plugs and earmuffs will be used as needed.
- During the current Pandemic (2020), all Team Members will be required to wear company issued facial coverings. Training will be provided to each Team Member specific to their job and their facility location in addition to signing an acknowledgement form they understand these expectations. It is considered an essential function of each job for a Team Member to wear the company issued facial coverings. If a Team Member indicates they will not wear the mask, they will not be considered for the position in which they are applying or any position that requires the facial covering. If a Team Member has a medical condition or disability that prevents them from wearing the mask, Cobb will engage in an interactive process to determine whether a reasonable accommodation can be provided that addresses the safety concerns associated with the Pandemic and allow the Team Member to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Chemical Commonly Used: Phenolic based disinfectants.
- Safety: Team Member is expected to follow all applicable safety policies and procedures. These include but are not limited to Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, Lock out Tag out, and Personal Protective equipment. Team Member is expected to identify, address, and mitigate safety related risks.
Education and Training
To work as farm workers, you don’t need any kind of degree. you just need to have an idea about poultry farm and you will be get training if you are get selected.
Where to apply
Apply directly from here https://bit.ly/3j0G9hG or submit your document from our website.
Disclaimer: All the job information provided by this website is 100 per cent free of cost information that we collected from different sources to help you to find your ideal job information from all around the world. Which mean you don’t need to pay at all or submit any confidential document to anyone. Just apply through company’s site or submit your document to company’s site or browse our website for more opportunity for free of cost. Thank you.